Monday, December 27, 2010

A chance to relax


Today is the first opportunity in weeks to just relax. Since Thanksgiving is has been a constant whirlwind of work, Christmas shopping, wrapping, baking and decorating. As much as I love Christmas, it is exhausting! Fortunately, we do not have any returns - for that I am very thankful!

My daughter is home from college until mid January and it is so nice to have her around. This is a time for catching up with friends and each other. And finishing projects that need to be completed - including her quilt. I have fabric for 3 other quilts that need to be cut and put together. They will be sent out for quilting since I just can't seem to master that part of the project.

The snow came quickly and we have a ton! Today is sunny and the snow is still rather clean so it is a beautiful sight. Plenty of animal tracks. Perfect day to watch a few cooing programs or a good movie and sip some hot chocolate. I have a stew in the oven for dinner - the few leftovers from Christmas are gone. I think I have about a dozen cookies left and that is it.

No comments: